District Mission Statement
In partnership with families and community, our purpose is to have a learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and student centered where everyone is accountable and all students are empowered to succeed.
- Improve Achievement for All Students
- Create and Implement a comprehensive curricular framework in all core subject areas for all students.
- Develop and support effective instruction that focuses on high performance of all students.
- Ensure a safe environment in which all students and staff are accountable.
- Prepare all students to be college and career ready.
- Ensure Efficient and Effective Operations
- All departments will conduct a system analysis of operational processes.
- Develop an accountability, monitoring, & reporting structure for all departments and schools.
- Ensure Effective Communications
- Develop and implement a district-wide plan to maximize two-way communication among school, family, & community.
a. Students will be proficient in both reading and math at every grade level.
b. Teachers will successfully incorporate Project Based Learning (PBL) which integrates technology, fine arts, & college and career readiness standards into the curriculum.
c. Student, Parent, & Community Engagement Rate will increase.
d. District Personnel Retention Rate will increase.
e. Ongoing support, to include professional development and training, for District personnel will be provided.
- A student is the most important person in any school.
- A student is not an interruption of our work- he or she is the purpose of our work.
- A student is not just a statistic. He or she is a flesh- and –blood human being with feelings and emotions like ourselves.
- A student is one who comes to us with needs and/or wants. It is our job to fill them.
- A student is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment that we can provide.
- A student is the lifeblood of this and every other district. Without him or her, we would have to close our doors.